Friday, August 24, 2012


Sunday 24 August

Drove to Kinsarvick along narrow twisting E68. Average speed only 20 mph. The worst part was, for me at any rate, the driving from bright sunlight into pitch dark tunnels hewn into the mountainside. Nearly lost A, after forgetting about keeping to right, on the front of an oncoming car – she only squeaked quietly. Funny on the narrow roads – no driver likes leading and so, every now and then, the front car would pull in and everyone would move up one place – as soon as it was my turn I pulled in for lunch – chicken again! Had my first continental “pee” against the front wheel of our car. Crossed to Kinsarvick from Kvanndal on one of the cute little “inland” ferries east for about 2 miles – 30 minutes car plus A and me £1-1-3 (18 kr). To my surprise these ferries run every 35 minutes and take about 300 persons plus 30 cars – because, on our ferry, they had 31 and could not close rear gate – still I suppose that string would hold.



Arrived at the main camp site – contacted the manager, who was slightly taken aback at 7 whiskey bottles but agreed to buy them – profit for us of 15 kr per bottle –hope the rest of the ideas work as well! Spent quiet evening but got talking to NZ and Aus couple who turned out to be friends of Lorraine. They told us about shrimps on harbour in Oslo and sold us some unwanted ferry tickets to Copenhagen. 

1 comment:

  1. An entrepreneur even then Tony I am going to have to sit this up on Dale's ipad for him to read he is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete